The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California consumers/California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. Please see our California Privacy Notice for a description of those rights and an explanation on how to exercise them.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect the following information about you: your real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number or other similar identifiers, records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories, your signature, physical characteristics or description, telephone numbers, insurance policy number, education, employment, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information, property ownership, bankruptcy or probate information, age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information), audio recording, and consumer credit information (in order to determine the ability of a debtor to pay the balance due).
What Do We Do With the Information We Collect?
We use or disclose the personal information we collect for the following business purpose:
- Debt collection.
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information in order for us to process a payment, we will use that information to process said payment.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email or text alerts and other notices concerning our services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for collections.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and our clients, including for collections.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. We do not sell your personal information. We may share it with the client that placed the account with us and outside debt collection attorneys.
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Additionally, we conduct security assessments on any vendors who may have access to your data.
Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Effective Date 6/29/2020